TOP 8 TIPS TO KEEP THE RAIN FROM WREAKING HAVOC
- Clear the gutters: Make sure your gutters are clear of debris so that they can properly divert rainwater away from your home. Clogged gutters can lead to water damage, and can even cause roof leaks.
- Trim trees and shrubs: Make sure to trim trees and shrubs away from your home. Fallen branches can cause significant damage to your roof or windows during a rain storm.
- Check the roof: Check for any loose or missing shingles, and repair any damage that you find. This will help keep rainwater from seeping into your home.
- Check the windows: Make sure that your windows are properly sealed and in good condition. If you find any leaks or cracks, seal them with an appropriate sealant.
- California does not have many basements but if you do have one; install a sump pump: A sump pump can help keep your basement dry by pumping out any excess water.
- Put away all outdoor cushions or rugs and secure or store any umbrella’s: Storms often bring heavy winds and it’s best to not have those blowing around or into your garden or pool.
- Have an emergency plan: In the event of a power outage, have a plan in place to regain power or have a place to go.
- Keep important documents and valuables in a waterproof container or safe.
By taking these steps, you can protect your home and belongings from damage during a rain storm. Remember to also have an emergency plan in place and know your evacuation route in case of severe weather.
When thinking about selling or buying, reach out…we have an entire booklet with FAQ and secret insights to selling or buying a home. Just shoot us an email at Info@TeamForss.com