If you want to be successful as a real estate agent, it’s time to start thinking like a local expert. In order to become the go-to agent in your area, you need to get in front of clients with new types of advertising, share relevant content on social media, find opportunities to be active in the community, and build your personal brand through speaking and writing. And don’t forget to read on for 50 specific ways to get started building community relationships!
1. Get in front of clients with diverse types of advertising.
The first step to becoming the local real estate expert is getting in front of clients with new types of advertising. You need to be where your potential clients are spending their time and that means being active on social media, having a strong online presence, and even dabbling in some traditional forms of advertising.
At the local level try placing ads in local newspapers, online directories, and even on billboards. By doing this, potential clients will see your face and remember your name when they are ready to buy or sell a property. Make sure your branding is consistent across all channels and that your advertising message is clear.
2. Be sharing relevant content on social media.
As a local expert, you need to be sharing relevant content on social media. This means that you should be sharing blog posts, infographics, images, and anything else that would be helpful or interesting to your target audience. You should also make sure to build relationships with potential partners and referral sources.
3. Find opportunities to be active in the community.
One of the best ways to become the local expert is by finding opportunities to be active in the community. This could mean volunteering for a local charity, helping out a local youth sports league, speaking at a community event, or supporting local businesses. The more involved you are in your community, the more likely people are to think of you when they need help with their real estate needs.
4. Build your personal brand
Finally, always be building up your personal brand. This can be done in different ways, but we often hear that top agents look to get published. This could mean writing in newsletters, local newspapers, or community blogs.
If you’d rather speak than write, pitch a radio station on doing a real estate show or start a podcast. Or just reach out to existing radio shows and existing podcasts to come on as a guest.
50 Ways Real Estate Agents Can Build Relationships With Your Local Community
- Volunteer for local organizations and events
- Support local schools and education initiatives
- Donate to local charities and non-profits
- Participate in community clean-up and beautification efforts
- Attend local networking events and networking groups
- Sponsor local sports teams and events
- Support local small businesses and shop local
- Join local chambers of commerce and business organizations
- Host local events and workshops for the community
- Be active on local social media groups and forums
- Provide pro bono or discounted services to those in need
- Attend local town meetings and government events
- Get involved in local politics and advocacy efforts
- Collaborate with other local businesses and professionals
- Support local arts and cultural events and organizations
- Participate in local community service projects
- Mentor local students and young professionals
- Donate to local fundraising campaigns and causes
- Offer internships and job opportunities to local residents
- Participate in local trade shows and exhibitions
- Join local business associations and professional organizations
- Be a guest speaker at local schools and events
- Attend local networking breakfast, lunch, and happy hour events
- Host local networking events and mixers
- Collaborate with local bloggers and influencers
- Support local environmental initiatives and conservation efforts
- Attend local chamber of commerce events and mixers
- Be a guest on local podcasts and radio shows
- Support local arts and crafts fairs and markets
- Collaborate with local non-profits and charities
- Attend local networking workshops and seminars
- Be active on local business review websites and forums
- Join local business networking groups and meetups
- Participate in local business expos and trade shows
- Offer discounted services to local employees and members of organizations
- Attend local community festivals and events
- Collaborate with local bloggers and influencers on social media
- Support local farmers markets and food co-ops
- Be a guest on local TV and news programs
- Attend local chamber of commerce networking events
- Collaborate with local community organizations and groups
- Support local music and entertainment events and venues
- Attend local business development workshops and seminars
- Be a guest speaker at local networking events and workshops
- Support local environmental conservation organizations
- Join local business referral groups and networking organizations
- Collaborate with local non-profits on fundraising and community events
- Attend local business awards ceremonies and networking events
- Be a guest on local podcasts and radio shows focused on business and entrepreneurship
- Support local small businesses by sharing their products and services on social media and with your network.
Becoming an expert in the eyes of your community is essential for any agent who wants to be successful. It’s also a gamechanger if you are recognized for genuinely caring about the community’s local sports, causes, and businesses. With these tips, you’ll be well on your way to becoming the go-to agent in your area. So get started today and see just how far you can take your career!